What is it?
- “Authentic engagement” is when students are intellectually and emotionally immersed in the learning process.
- It is fostered when teachers design learning experiences that embrace academic challenge and value hard work
- The Authentic Engagement driver in Powerful Learning explores how to create a culture of learning, how to create a safe caring environment and how to set up the physical learning space.
- It incorporates a thinking disposition or learning mindset, which is central to creating an engaging learning experience.
- It requires a culture of high expectations combined with challenging tasks, where students are provided with the supports to ensure success.
- Authentic Engagement is built on relationships, trust and a sense of belonging.