What is it?
- This driver of Powerful Learning highlights relationships and connections that students develop enabling them to connect and contribute to their world in meaningful ways.
- Connecting and contributing begins with students connecting with themselves through self-awareness and self-regulation.
- Other connections include students and teachers, students and their peers, and students and parents.
- Relationships are the foundation of these connections as students extend their learning beyond the classroom.
- It focuses on the well-being of all students and the conditions that foster well-being in classrooms.
- It encourages active citizenship and fosters critical thinking about social assumptions and social issues.
- Connecting and contributing extends to both the local and global community where students are encouraged to become aware and when possible to take social action.